Well… this will just be a quickie because I want to take myself out to see One Day. I’ve been wanting to go all weekend. Might as well treat myself.
This week off … not really the success I was hoping for but it was nice and needed. My mind is swirling with a dozen thoughts right now… most of which I probably shouldn’t post online but I will… This has been my personal journal for half a dozen years. Shouldn’t let the intrusiveness of the internet these days stop me from venting as I did. So here’s a quick run-down:
– Marriage is scary. It seems like everyone around me is divorcing… making me have a bunch of hesitancy when it comes to saying “I do.” I need some young, married friends.
– One the other hand, I’m thinking of getting off facebook for the sole reason that people are getting married and having babies (more having babies than getting married) by the droves and it irks me because I want those things. I don’t do jealousy well. I think it’s a stupid, useless emotion. And when I see it in myself, I’m not sure how to deal.
– I’m also not sure how to be a stepmother. I have great examples of how to be a great mother but none of how to be a stepmother. It’s very important to me to be as great of a stepmom as I will be a mom, but how I go about approaching being a mother-figure to someone else’s child… I’m not sure. And I haven’t been able to talk to my future husband about this subject.
– I need to develop an exit plan for leaving my current job/career.
– I need more advice/guidance in my life….
– I need to start to follow my own goals and take more (smart) risks